Pets 10 commandments
1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. any seperation from you is likely to be painful. Treat me kindly, my beloved master, for no heart in the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving heart of mine.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me. Do not break my spirit with a stick, for tho I should lick your hand between blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me the things you would have me do.
3.Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well being. Speak to me often, for your voice is this worlds sweetest music, as you know by the fierce wagging of my tail when your footstep falls on my waiting ear.
4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment.
You have your work. your friends, your entertainments, but I have only you.
5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.
7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I have teeth that could easily crush the bones in your hand, and yet I choose not to bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself
if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I am not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.
9. Please take care of me when I grow old.
You too will grow old.
10. On the difficult journey, on the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face
this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are right there, because I love